
My window project is finally complete. The ugly aluminum windows with torn screens have been replaced with beautiful new vinyl windows. Aaron and Company are set to rip off my roof this weekend, and once it has been replaced I plan to take a break from the major home improvement projects. I still have some painting that needs to be done, but I have been busy getting ready for school for the last 3 weeks and I haven't had time to do it.

This is another picture of my smaller stupid clown loach. Tiny Tim doesn't lounge around the tank on his back, but he does try to eat the flakes when I sprinkle them into the tank. The problem is that he is a bottom feeder, and his mouth is on the bottom of his face, so he has to swim upside down in order to eat the flakes. He is not very successful at it.

In other home improvement news, the house next door continues to look better and better. The grass is being mowed, weeds the size of trees have been ripped up, and the trumpet vine that was growing from a crack in the sidewalk and up the side of the house has been eradicated. The house is so clean that it almost looks naked. I peeked through a window last night and they have completely gutted and redone the living room and kitchen. It looks beautiful. The are currently working on the bathroom, and however disgusting Nate and Angie may have thought their old toilet and vanity were, I don't think they could compare to the lovely mint green toilet, sink and tub that are now sitting in a dumpster in the car port. We may turn this into a classy neighborhood yet!
8 comments:
Quick! Salvage the mint green commode. It would make a lovely planter for my ghetto yard!
P.S. Those are 2 of the stupidest fish I have ever seen.
If you use a commode as a planter in your yard you can count me out as a visitor in the future. I am down with porch furniture, but I am not down with using toilets as decorative pieces.
What about if I used it for a bird bath? Or perhaps a fountain. I think that would be fun. Sort of a bidet for the yard.
New windows don't build character, Jen, they reveal it!
I will also not visit you, mother, if there is a toilet in your yard.
PPPBBBTTTT!!!!!
No toilet fountain, no toilet bird bath, no toilet planter. No toilets in the yard, period!
Ang, good luck on your test tomorrow. Tests don't build charactar, they reveal it!
I bet the new windows are wonderful. I am getting new windows all on the front of my house and the three in the 2 bathrooms that are being redone. Since I have all bay windows on the front (3 windows each), that is a total of 22 windows. YIKES!!! That still leaves me with 5 windows and 3 sliding doors on the upper two floors that need to be replaced. This house is a definite money pit!! Seeing your windows makes me excited for ours.
Post a Comment