Well, I managed to put off painting my kitchen for about two months, but I finally got it done today.
Kitchen Before
I still need to paint the spot on the ceiling that was ruined during the last rain storm. I should be able to get that done on Monday. I am a little nervous because we are having a pretty good rain storm right now, and I am hoping that Aaron really got that leak patched up or I may be back to square one again tomorrow.
I spent the afternoon looking for a picture that I can put on that wall. The one on the floor in the before picture is from Grandpa Tilley's house. It is okay, but it is all yellows and browns, and I would really like to have a pop of red right there. I went into Tai Pan Trading to look for a print, and this is what I found.

I know, the picture didn't turn out very well, but you get the point. Come on, people, it is only September 20th! Since I haven't been to that store for a couple of months now who knows how long they have had their Christmas displays up. The one good thing about it was that I picked up a pine scented candle. Pine is my favorite scent, and it is hard to find except at Christmas.
10 comments:
Thank goodness you finally changed the subject, I really needed a break. You sure know how to get us fired up gal.
The kitchen looks great, and Tick is looking fabulous!
Tick is always looking fabulous. She is a majestic animal, after all.
The kitchen looks great! The christmas stuff just makes me tired. I have way too much going on to think about christmas right now, lets at least get through Halloween first!!
Oh Jen, that really turned out lovely! The yellow was exactly the right thing to do.
It is a hellish nightmare while you are in the middle of it, but when it is finished it was so worth the pain.
I love the weather link you added to the blog too. Good call
I did forget to say that I wish we had a Thai pan here. They have such good stuff and so far I haven't found a store that is comparable.
I agree with Cyndi, I have to start thinking about Halloween first before I can even muster the strength to deal with Christmas!
The kitchen looks great Jen. It sounds like you are on a roll, so they say the best way to transform an ordinary kitchen is to paint the cabinents. You could paint them red and then you wouldn't have to buy a new picture. Let us know when you are going to start that, because we will be interested to see how it turns out.
The projects never run out and just when you think everythings perfect...some jerk suggests you do more, but that's only because I want to see more home improvement blogs that I am not a part of!!!
Nate, I think Jen has done her share of home imrovements lately, as well as you and Angie. We'll post pictures of our new bathrooms as soon as they are done so you can see some more work you didn't have to do. I was fortunate to be able to hire them done, except I couldn't afford the bids with the painting included so I get that job. I just finished painting Brittni's and Cayla's room this year so I am sick to death of painting!!
I really would love to have the cabinets painted white, but I can't bear the thought of having to do that work. I ruined my right elbow when I first started painting two months ago, and it is only getting worse. I am having a hard time making a fist or lifting anything that weighs more than a pound while bending my elbow. Some guy shook my hand at chuch today and it was excruiatingly painful. The only way that those cabinets will get painted any time soon is if Jessica decides that painting her own was the funnest thing she's ever done, and she can't wait to paint mine. I won't hold my breath for that.
For that elbow, try 800 mg of Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours consistently and a wrap that goes around your arm right below the elbow (tennis elbow brace)whenever you can. That has totally taken care of mine both times I've injured it.
Thanks for the advice, Cyndi. I've been trying that but the ibuprofin doesn't seem to help, The brace feels good for about half an hour, then it seems to cut off circulation to my lower arm.
Post a Comment