
I bought this big bone hoping that it would keep her occupied, and also hoping that she would keep it outside. She occasionally chews on it, but it is not the time consuming treat I was hoping that it would be. She has only dragged it into the house once so far.
I stole this idea from Jef's blog thinking that I could also use $5000, so if you want to vote for one of my dogs just follow the links. I may have disqualified myself by entering 2 photos, but I'm not sure.
The first link goes to Shady's photo and the second one goes to Tick's.
http://www.showoffyourshedder.com/?pet=hSQhQppx3surgy5ue7Qlcg%3d%3d
http://www.showoffyourshedder.com/?pet=EkXdBDFHPO4WDB7fpMcgWA%3d%3d
7 comments:
Long live mutiny!!!
Hounds are not meant to be cooped up like chickens! That picture of her in the backyard really shows off her long slender legs. She is so svelt.
I was mentioning to Steph a couple of weeks ago how good Bella was about not being destructive. 5 minutes after I get off the phone with her I walk into my bedroom where she lay on my bed with my pathology book and papers chewed up all over the place! Blasted animals, they have to be continually entertained.
I just threw out a bone that looked just like yours when I cleaned the garage. It did entertain for a little while, but it STUNK so bad that we could not take it any longer. Anything that cannot be eaten within 30 seconds is not worth Belly's time.
I can't imagine trying to cope with Shady with no walks. I have to take Belly on two every day, just so I can get something done in between. I did buy one of the "gentle" leads at the pet store today. It is supposed to help with her "pulling" us around. I will let you know if it works for us. Ang wants to go straight to the pinch collar, but the trainer said, what I got, would work better.
You may want to check with Denise, but I think that Animal Control will go online to check your blog, so "code name Sleepy Weasel" on the going on walks at night.
I think if I had a dog and she dragged that smelly bone in the house even once that would be too many times for me. I don't know, maybe is doesn't smell as bad as the hoove. THAT, my friend, was wretched.
I like the pic of Tic. She do look cozy, she really do. And I know for a fact that she left about a pound of hair on those pillows.
It's about 7:30pm here, so I'm sure you and "sleepy weasle" are on the move.
Oh, Belly! What a naughty puppy you are. I hope that the gentle lead works out well for you. We have been through a face collar, a supposedly anti-pull harness, and a pinch collar. The face collar was chewed through, the harness didn't help with the pulling, and the pinch collar didn't stop her from pulling, it just made her cry out in pain while she was pulling. We are back to the choke collar, but I am thinking about getting an electric training collar. I have talked with several trainers all of whom recommended them, and I looked at some reviews online and they are generally good.
The good news about the bone is that it does not smell as bad as the hoove. The bad news is that she perfers the hoove. Sleepy Weasle has been on the move and she is now settled down with a hoove. And yes, I do know that the singular of "hooves" is "hoof", but the idiots who sell the hooves lable each one with the (not a real) word "hoove".
I bought some hooves a couple of months ago and Bella chews on them every once in awhile but they never get smaller and I have never noticed a smell. It is the pig ears that I can't stand but she loves. The other day she was driving me so crazy, we try to only give her 1 or 2 a day, I ended up feeding her 4 and Baby got 1 that Bella probably ended up finishing!
I think it's because we get the pig ear "pieces" instead of the whole pig ears. They are a lot "juicier" than the whole ones and they STINK.
I just have to tell you Jen. I just got home from a three mile walk with Bella using her "gentle" lead. It was the most pleasant walk, with a dog, that I have ever been on. I don't know if it's just because she hasn't figured out how to pull or take it off yet, but even when she pulls; it takes so little effort to correct her. I will wait for a few more walks to give it my full endorsement, but I am certainly impressed so far. The down side is that Willy doesn't seem to enjoy it quite as much, but it is a drawback that I am willing to deal with.
Ok I am super late on the whole quarantined update! I am so sorry ...ugh.
Post a Comment