
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Mishap
I put a 3 foot wire fence around my flower bed in my back yard in order to keep the dog out. This evening I went to plant a couple of tomatoes since my first two tomatoes died. Instead of unhooking an opening in the fence I decided to just squish it down and hop over it. Somehow in the midst of doing that I fell backwards, cut my left leg to shreds on the wire, punctured my right palm, and nearly impaled myself in the back with a 2 foot metal stake that holds my tomato trellis in place. As I was lying in my flower bed unable to move my back hurt the worst. At the moment I don't feel anything on my back at all, but my leg is throbbing. I have yet to peek under my shirt to see what kind of bruising I may have. The picture doesn't do justice to how much blood was involved, since the cuts do reach all the way around to the other side of my leg. Next time I will unhook the opening and walk through.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my goodness girl! That looks and sounds horrible. I realize that there is nothing to compare with a home-grown tomato, but I don't think they are worth killing yourself over. I'm glad you survived and I hope your back doesn't start hurting again.
I cant believe that you took a picture before you cleaned yourself up, I would have never though of that. I hope you really didnt hurt your back and very glad that you didn't impale yourself.
Oh for Pete sake! What were you thinking?
Good call on getting the picture. I like that about you. Always looking for blogging material.
Seriously, I hope you are OK. It looks like it hurts. To quote one of the greatest actor's of all time...."she's hurt, she's hurt. No, she's hurt" ;-}
I felt like such an idiot that I knew it had to be blogged. I am always looking for blogging material.
Mother, I would say do not quote Kevin Costner to me, but it actually does fit. I do take exception to you calling him one of the greatest actors of all time. I think the word you were looking for was "worst".
I meant 'greatest' in the worst sense of the word. I knew you would appreciate it.
Freak accident, blood and Kevin Costner... this incident will go down in history!!!
Seriously, what the Hell Jennifer? I am just glad you weren't riding your bike when it happened because my first response would have been to ask if the bike was okay!
Angela, I'm going to smack you!
Oh my God! You are the most accident prone person of all time myself included!
I have nothing smart ass left to say mother and Ang have said it all.
Sure is the bike ok? LOL
Put up your dukes gal and bring it!!
Jen,
That looks like it hurts. Are you okay? Hope you get better soon.
Your Friend Alyssa Roundy
Post a Comment