Friday, May 8, 2009

Washer Repair

So the appliance repair man came by this morning and pulled a button out of the pump in my washing machine. It is a large, navy blue button with the words 'American Eagle' stamped on it. The funny thing is that I have never owned a single item of clothing from American Eagle. I was telling Jamie about it and she got excited and said that it is a button that goes to a coat Stephanie gave her last year. Somehow that button has been floating around in the inner guts of my washing machine for at least a year now before getting stuck in the pump.

If I hadn't broken the door it would have been a cheap and easy repair job. As it is, it will take them at least another week to order the parts and the entire job will end up costing me $400. I still feel like the satisfaction of beating the crap out of my washing machine was worth it.

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh, that blows. Seriously. A button. That makes me nervous. $400.00 is a pretty expensive temper tantrum.

Nice that Jamie gets the button for the coat, though.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Hell Jennifer!! Actually, I wish I had something to beat the crap out of... yelling and screaming really just seems futile without some serious power behind it!

On another note, I died laughing from your card today! Michael Scott is probably the best character ever made and I can't get enough of The Office. Along with your reverse pyschology I think you should start color coding inappropriate information on contact cards of everyone you know so you will remember not to say those things outloud!

~Cynthia~ said...

Ouch! That is an expense repair, and having to wait so long for it to be done makes it even worse. We would be in a world of hurt if we didn't have a washer for that long. It seems like every day my girls decide they need a certain pair of jeans or something washed that wasn't in the laundry room when I was throwing a load in.

iMzOOL said...

what have you done! how sad. i think you should send the bill to steph--that's where it all started from. do what i would do if i was living in utah--take your laundry to my parents house. i am sure they wouldn't mind.

Denise said...

Godfrey Jennifer. This is the kind of luck you have ha ha. I love you and again my washer is broken so I can't help ya.