Monday, June 8, 2009

The Coonhound Unleashed

Here are some photos of the coonhound unleashed. She is a very happy animal off-leash. She had her first off-leash encounter with another dog this morning, and it went about as well as I expected. She was very excited but I did manage to get her to come back and follow me instead of the other dog. Hopefully she will get to the point where she doesn't pay much attention to them.



I need to tie a red flag to her tail, or at least put a bell on her collar so I can keep track of her in the sage brush.
My yard is starting to bloom and things are looking pretty good.
The bed next to the house is still looking pretty sparse, but the park strip is lovely right now.

Mom will be bringing a lap top to Mexico and hopefully we will be able to post daily updates. Wish you were all coming with us!

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

The coonhound looks pretty sassy off leash. I agree you will need to mark her somehow so that you can keep track of her when she goes bounding off. How fun for her to get to run and sniff!

Your yard is so pretty. I get all excited when one of my shrubs blooms, and they never do it all at once.

Anonymous said...

Shady do be camouflaged in the sage brush! She is very lovely off leash in the wild.

We neeeeeeeed daily updates on the vacation... have I mentioned I am so so jealous!!

Grandmajoann said...

Your yard looks beautiful. I'll bet everyone that passes by, admires it. You are one nice home owner, and all your neighbors appreciates you I am sure. Except single man, of course.
I thought you were already on vacation. When do you go?

Jen said...

I leave on Wednesday!

Julie said...

The rain has sure been good for the flowers! Mine are doing well too.
I'm glad to hear that things are going better with Shady.

Denise said...

She is looking great off leash!! They love to be off the leash. And the yard is looking great too!