Saturday, March 27, 2010

Update for Those On HCG

I've been on maintainance for a week now, and I thought that I would share some info for the others who are on it too.

First, there is a great recipe calculator at http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp.  You type in the list of ingredients and then it will calculate the nutritional information, calories, and fat based on the number of servings.

Second, I've found some good low-carb recipes at http://www.dlife.com/.  It is a diabetic web site and they list their recipes as very low carb, low carb, or carb safe.  I have made a couple of the very low carb recipes for this phase of the diet.

Third, I've found that, for me at least, staying within the 1500 calorie limit hasn't been as important as just eating very low carbs.  For the first few days I obsessed over my portions and worked hard to stay under 1500 calories and I gained back a pound and a half, which they say is normal.  On day 5 I was really hungry and I binged a little on oranges and cashews and I actually lost the pound and a half that I had gained.  I've continued to eat fruit whenever I feel like it, and more cashews than I probably should, and I am down another pound this morning.  I don't know if you would all have the same experience, but it's working for me so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you "binged" on oranges and cashews... are you KIDDING me! That is funny... I consider binging to mean mass amounts of fat or sugar. It's like Liv says, after you have a little something sweet you need a little something salty so you can have some more sweet... in your case oranges and cashews, for Liv chocolate and popcorn!

Jen said...

I can't wait to eat chocolate and popcorn again!

Cashews are a binging item. A handful of cashews is 170 calories. I have been having 4 or 5 handfuls a day.

Sheryl said...

Cashews sound like a little bit of heaven. I may have to go to Costco tomorrow for a vat of them. Are we sure I can't have the chocolate covered ones?

Jen said...

I've been dreaming about the chocolate covered ones!