Now that spring is here my life consists of work, hiking, and yard work. I meant to take a photo of all of the flats of plants on my patio table before I put them in the ground, but I forgot. Since they are still so tiny they don't look very impressive in my flower beds, so they are not worth a picture right now. My hands are blistered despite the fact that I wore gloves, but at least everything has been planted. I had 4 flats of flowers, 6 tomatoes, 16 assorted hot peppers, and 2 red Rose of Sharon. I still need to get 2 or 3 blue Rose of Sharon to make my hedge.
Somehow, despite my best efforts, I have come in contact with gluten. I am thinking that the big tub of peanuts I bought from Costo is contaminated, so I am off peanuts for a while. There is never a good time to be covered with a scaly rash, but I really hope it is gone before I get to Mexico. I'm a little bit nervous about eating at the resort. It's not hard to stay away from foods that obviously contain gluten, but you never know what might be contaminated.
Anyhow, that's what I'm up to this week. Nothing exciting, but I do keep busy.
7 comments:
It is going to be tough to stay gluten free in Mexico. Hopefully this resort has a wide range of food to choose from.
I still haven't got around to loading the Ipod for you, but it is still on my "to do" list. If I don't get it done before Mexico, I will plan on bringing it with us.
I am jealous that you are planting flowers. I am not sure if I want to spend too much money on flower beds, I keep hoping our house sells... wishful thinking? I am sure I will break down in the next couple of weeks and add a little color in the front flower bed for some curb appeal.
That sucks about the rash, that has got to be frustrating especially considering how diligent you have been. Have you ever gone to your family doc to talk about it? You know you need to get a small bowel biopsy to assess the damage... and you will report directly to me because I WORRY about you!!!!! DO IT.
Ok Now that you can download pictures again you need to put a picture of yourself on here! I know thats probably the last thing you want to do but Grandma told me you look amazing!
Nate, don't worry about the Ipod. I broke down and bought myself a Sansa SanDisk player and I am loving it. If you get around to loading a few books on a memory card I would be happy to pay you for it.
Ang, I have talked to both Morrell and my dermatologist and they say that as long as I don't have any symptoms and I stay away from gluten there shouldn't be any need for a biopsy. Thant said, accidental gluten ingestion does occasionally occur with uncomfortable consequences.
Kellie, the problem is that there is no one around to take pictures of me. Grandma took one picture of me that I don't love. My mom will be up this weekend, so maybe I can get her to take a few pictures of me. Otherwise I'm sure that I will have pictures to post when we get home from Mexico.
I can't wait to come up and enjoy your flowers. You always do such a good job with your yard.
Did you buy the peaunuts shelled or in the shell? I just bought a big bag that is still in the shell because Rick wanted it and he hasn't touched it. He has, however, gone through 2 containters of mixed nuts and 1/2 one of cashews.
My peanuts were shelled. I don't like to have to work to get to my food. Maybe if I did, I wouldn't have a weight problem!
I'm thinking of just rinsing and re-salting them, especially now that I think it was the cashew clusters that were causing me problems.
That sucks about the rash, Where exactly are you going in mexico and the dates. Just curious, I agree with Kellie we need pics of you! Maybe we will at least get some of you in mexico. Tell Denise Congrats!
Post a Comment