Shady and I took the steep trail up above the Fernwood Picnic Area this morning. We had hiked for about an hour and I was about ready to turn around when I noticed that Shady had taken little side trail. I decided to follow her for a minute and see where the trail went and just a minute later I stumbled onto this cute little old cabin.
Inside I found several pots, pans, utensils and a phone book. I'm not sure why the phone book is there, since there is definitely not a phone here.
Outside a pipe was streaming water into this little trough. I wondered if the water came from a spring, and since I was really thirsty I was tempted to try it. Since I have to work for another week I decided that I'd better not risk it.
This waterfall isn't in the Fernwood area, but I had the picture on my phone from last week and since it was pretty I decided to include it.





3 comments:
Well thank goodness they already caught the unibomber cause this could have been another one of his hide outs!
What a cool little cabin, Shady looks quite lovely sitting at the entrance. The waterfall picture is gorgeous, seeing your pictures makes me miss the mountains.
How fun! I love making little discoveries like that. Now you have a cool hideout if you ever need one. Huh? What? I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it!
Trust me, I've already considered the hide-out angle!
Post a Comment