Friday, June 18, 2010

Fun at Lagoon - Sort Of!

Wednesday was Steph's work Lagoon Day and she kindly invited her sisters to join her.
The day started out okay.  It wasn't warm enough for the water park, but it was pleasant.

Since we had small children we spent most of our day in Kiddie Land.

Poor Ashlyn did not really enjoy many of the rides.  Even rides like these made her cry unless she could sit next to someone.

Grace and Ava enjoyed somem of the more "grown-up" rides.  This was Ava's favorite, but somehow I didn't manage to get a picture of her on it.  Grace would have ridden the wild roller coasters all day long.  I made it on the Spider twice and the Wild Mouse once, and that was about all that I could do.  I didn't enjoy either of them at all!  I am old, have a sensitive stomach, and I am afraid of heights.

Puff the Magic Dragon was my favorite roller coaster.

At lunch time Denise and her students joined us.  Ava and Grace enjoyed these rides too.  Ashlyn was scared.
Ash did actually enjoy this ride.
This would be Ashlyn's favorite ride.  She spent most of her day like this.
We figured that this was the reason that JoLyn didn't join us.

At about 3 pm the winds picked up and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees.  It was really miserable, but since they were serving Famous Dave's for dinner we decided to stick it out until 5:30.  Dinner was good, but I'm not sure it was worth the misery leading up to it.  As soon as we finished dinner we were out of there, and not a minute too soon.  As we were walking out to the parking lot it started to rain.  Here's hoping that next year's Lagoon Day falls on a day with better weather.

5 comments:

Matt-n-Jef said...

I am sure Jolyn had a better reason then smoking? thats too funny.

Grandmajoann said...

What a fun day! How nice that they invited you. I am sure you are a big help to have with any group.
Oh how many fun memories Lagoon holds for all of us. Glad you survived until Famous Dave's was served! Yum Yum.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jo had to clean the fish tank! HEHEHEHE!!!!

Why do we torture ourselves with these amusement parks? I lucked out this year and both my kids went with friends to their Waldamere day(aka our Lagoon). I am with you Jen, as the years go by my tolerance for the rides goes down!

Sheryl said...

Well crap. There needed grandma there to ride the coasters. Grandma still likes coasters and doesn't get nearly enough exposure to them these days.

It does look like Ash was one worried gal. Maybe since she has stated that she probably WILL try smoking when she grows up, she took the signs to heart now.

Jessica said...

How fun? I have managed to avoid the wild rides too lately because bradley is too big a wuss and Katie is still to little.