Friday, August 6, 2010

Buffalo, NY

Mom and I spent a few days in Buffalo visiting the fabulous Barnes resort.

Here is a front view picture of their cute home.

This is the only interior picture that I took.  I know that they are planning on doing a lot of painting in the next few weeks, so I decided to let them post the before and after pix.

On Saturday after our architectural tour we stopped at a park with a waterfall near their house.




Later that day we did some grocery shopping at Wegmans.  For those of you who have never experienced Wegmans, I feel sorry for you.  Forget Niagra Falls and those other hokey tourist destinations, if you happen to be near  a Wegmans make that your priority.  I really wish we had Wegmans in Utah.
Here is Liv modeling in front of just one of the many cheese displays.

Mom, Lex and Nate again in front of one of the many cheese displays.
Here we have Liv in the elevator at Wegmans.  Yes, Wegmans has an elevator.  None of the stupid grocery stores that I shop at have an elevator.  Unfortunately my pictures from the second floor didn't turn out very well.

On Sunday we went to the lovely village of Niagra-on-the-Lake.

Everyone wanted a picture of the Amish woman, so here we have Liv posing with the Amish woman in the background.

We passed this fort on the way to Niagra-on-the-Lake.  They were doing a revolutionary war reenactment in the field next to the fort, but Nate didn't want to stop.

After Niagra-on-the-Lake we stopped on the American side of Niagra Falls.  The falls were okay, but who are we kidding: the main purpose in stopping was to find some ice cream, and they had some delicious ice cream here.
Here we have both Lex and Live posing on the statue of Nicola Tesla.  Tesla was an electrical engineer and contemporary of Thomas Edison.  Although many of his inventions were just as revolutionary as Edison's, he was very eccentric and made a lot of wild claims which later earned him the reputation of a mad scientist.


4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Excellent blog Jen. I too forgot my camera so it is fabulous that you are a thinking woman. It was so much fun.

Anonymous said...

OMG... love that you took pics at Wegs... hilarious! Well you've got pictures up of my house before me, I guess I am a total loser. Miss you and wish you were here!

~Cynthia~ said...

You guys always look to be having so much fun when you are together. Loved the recap! I actually used to go occasionally to a grocery store in Salt Lake that had an elevator, but it isn't there anymore. I think it was a like a super Fred Myer or something like that. It was pretty weird getting in an elevator with a grocery cart.

Grandmajoann said...

I loved the pictures of everything. How good you all look. And HAPPY! It is great that you can all still get together and see the sights. Well, now my take on an elevator at a grocery store. The Smiths downtown, which used to be Fred Meyers, still has the elevator. I have not taken it but I know it is there. A new Harmons is going in downtown on State Street and 1st South. It will be a multi level store with parking on the top. Shops and eaterys on the bottom. Quite a new thing for SLC....Just a block from my work. Love ya all.