Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Neighbors

I met my new neighbors yesterday. It is the older couple, and they do own the weiner dog. However, the landlady will not let them keep the dog on the property, so a family member has taken the dog in. Al and Jean Simmons are recently from Farmington where they said they spent more than 40 years living east of the Rock Chapel. I didn't think to ask them at the time if they knew the Wassoms or the Tilleys. So, what about it Wassoms and former Wassoms? Do any of you know my new neighbors?

14 comments:

Sheryl said...

I absolutely know Al and Jean. They are really nice people. I think they will be great neighbors.

I am totally bummed that Mr. Weenie doesn't get to stay. Who move somewhere where they have to give away their dog?

Anonymous said...

I am also bummed that the weiner dog didn't get to move in.

We are surrounded by retiree's and it is quite fabulous. They keep to themselves and have plenty of time to take care of their homes! If only we could get some into the foreclosure next door we would be set.

Julie said...

I, too know your neighbors. They have a son my age. Don't share this with then but the son, Kenny asked me out a few times and I turned him down each time, am I cold hearted or what. I loved Jean, she is a fun lady. Tell her hi for me next time you see them.

By the way, I never would started a blog if I had known everytime I replied I would have to do thiskxwmr letter thing, it takes me 3 tries every time!

Sheryl said...

The Simmon's also have an adopted daughter, Sandy. She was on TV a few years back. I don't remember if it was Oprah or Dr. Phil. Some show about adoption.

Did they say why they moved from Farmington?

Julie, I know what you mean about the wlerj thing. You can take it off your blog, but then there is the risk of spam. THAT would be a pain!

~Cynthia~ said...

I also kind of remember the Simmons; however, their names are more familiar to me than their faces. I can't quite conjure them up in my mind, and if I saw them, I would probably know I knew them, but not remember what their names are. In other words, I know them but don't REALLY know them. :-)

Nate said...

I think I also know Jean Simmons. He is or was the lead singer of KISS.

I guess none of you probably even know who "KISS" is and I think his name was spelled different. Anyways, I am glad you have new neighbors and Cadance is gone. Also I missed commenting on your other post, but I checked out the pictures and your yard looks great. I have spent the last three weeks cutting our arbividas (fitzer trees), so when I finally get the project finished; I will post something on it.

Sheryl said...

Nate, you are a nerd. It is Gene Simmons of Kiss, and he would not be cool enough to own a weiner dog.

I can't wait for pictures of the hedge trimming.

Jen said...

That's right, Nate, everyone knows who Gene Simmons is! Since neither of my neighbors dresses in black leather or paints their faces white and black I'm pretty sure that Jean and Gene are not the same people.

They said that they moved because Al has had several heart attacks and they needed a house with just one level. Jean told me, "Don't be alarmed if you hear sirens in the night, it's just Al doing his thing." Judging by the way he was wheezing after moving just one or two boxes from the carport into the back of his SUV I'd say his heart is definitely not doing well. They do seem like very nice people.

Nate said...

I'm so proud of you girls that you know who Gene is. I saw Kiss in concert back in the 80's which was pretty cool.

The weird thing is, in Erie, it is retro 80's all the time. Tank tops and short shorts for men AND women are the "in" fashion. Stone washed jeans, mullets, ACDC and KISS shirts and pins, booming car stereos and smoking in restaurants is common place. If you want to LIVE in the 80's, bring all your old clothes and music tapes and you'll feel right at home!!!

Denise said...

Oh no Nate! You and Ang do not fit in in Erie with all your Gucci shit! Ha ha.

And how do you all know that Jean doesn't spell his name Gene?

Sheryl said...

Jean is a lady, and I know that she spells her name Jean, cuz I know her.

~Cynthia~ said...

Gene Simmons was also on Celebrity Apprentice and is a pretty cool guy. I never paid much attention to him before that 'cause he was kind of scary.

I have all my old clothes from the 80s if anyone needs to borrow any. I couldn't bear to get rid of them because they are the only proof I have that I was once skinny, since it was the only skinny decade in my life. They make great dress up clothes so they reside in our costume closet, and are a constant reminder how ugly clothes really were in the 80s.

Jen said...

Clothes really were ugly in the eighties!

Grandmajoann said...

Well I too know Al and Jean Simmons. She was a cute redhead when I knew her. Ask her if she remembers Joann Wassom. It sounds like Al won't be around too long. That is a sad thought. They have had a nice life together. Tell them hello, and know that you could ask her for help, advice, suggestions, share stuff! She would love it. And she will be glad to know you are Sheryl's daughter! Didn't she work in mutual with the young women?