Secondly, I am reporting a brush with disaster. I was just talking with one of the families in my day care this morning about the aftermath of a broken pipe under their sink. They had more than $11,000 worth of damage to their home, and it doesn't look like their insurance is going to cover more than $6,000. I had turned on my dishwasher this evening and I was sitting in my living room reading a book when suddenly the sound of my dishwasher changed and I heard water pouring out all over my kitchen floor. I ran in and turned off the water and mopped up the mess and I discovered that the hose that connects the water to my dishwasher had come loose. Luckily I was in the house when it happened, and it was just a disconnected hose rather than a broken pipe, and I was able to fix it by myself in a matter of minutes. Needless to say I will not be leaveing my dishwasher unattended any time soon.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Good Luck, Steph!
First of all, I have to say good luck to Stephanie tomorrow as she starts her new job. It took a lot of guts to put up with an abusive boss for 5 months, and it took even more guts for her to stand up for herself and walk out on him. I know that she has been anxious, fearful, and depressed for the last few weeks as she struggled first with reduced hours and then without a job entirely, but hopefully her new job will be a much better situation for her. I am keeping my fingers crossed that her new boss does not turn out to be a raving lunatic.
Secondly, I am reporting a brush with disaster. I was just talking with one of the families in my day care this morning about the aftermath of a broken pipe under their sink. They had more than $11,000 worth of damage to their home, and it doesn't look like their insurance is going to cover more than $6,000. I had turned on my dishwasher this evening and I was sitting in my living room reading a book when suddenly the sound of my dishwasher changed and I heard water pouring out all over my kitchen floor. I ran in and turned off the water and mopped up the mess and I discovered that the hose that connects the water to my dishwasher had come loose. Luckily I was in the house when it happened, and it was just a disconnected hose rather than a broken pipe, and I was able to fix it by myself in a matter of minutes. Needless to say I will not be leaveing my dishwasher unattended any time soon.

Why on earth do I keep so much crap under my sink, and how did it ever all fit under there?
Secondly, I am reporting a brush with disaster. I was just talking with one of the families in my day care this morning about the aftermath of a broken pipe under their sink. They had more than $11,000 worth of damage to their home, and it doesn't look like their insurance is going to cover more than $6,000. I had turned on my dishwasher this evening and I was sitting in my living room reading a book when suddenly the sound of my dishwasher changed and I heard water pouring out all over my kitchen floor. I ran in and turned off the water and mopped up the mess and I discovered that the hose that connects the water to my dishwasher had come loose. Luckily I was in the house when it happened, and it was just a disconnected hose rather than a broken pipe, and I was able to fix it by myself in a matter of minutes. Needless to say I will not be leaveing my dishwasher unattended any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good Luck Steph!!!
We now have to babysit our dishwashers? I have an animal that is a full time job, I can't be bothered by appliances! When are the Japanese going to share their dancing robots with us so we can put them to work in our homes!
I would love to have a dancing robot working in my home! I would be willing to pay quite a bit of money to have one to do all of my chores. Every day I look at the clutter that builds up in my kitchen and the dog hair that builds up on my rug and I think, "Hmm, it can wait until Saturday." And trust me, I don't want to babysit my appliances, but I am feeling a bit nervous about them right now. We may not have dancing robots, but our appliances may have developed artificial intelligence of their own and they could be planning to take over the world one home disaster at a time.
Oh Jen, I am so sorry for your mess.
How lucky that you were home. I always turn mine on and leave the house. I will no longer do that!
What job has Steph got? I hope she likes what ever it is. And I highly respect her for walking out on the last jerk!
I am sure that our electronic devices are co-conspirators with the deer!
Thanks for sharing Steph's good news. I was on the phone with her when she got the job, but I was hoping she would post it, so I didn't do it.
Yeah! I am so happy for her. It has been a really scary time for her. We will cross our fingers that this is a great place to work.
I will be calling Rick in a little while to have him check the connections on our dishwasher. That really could have been a mess. Can you imagine if it had made it to your wood floors?
'Tupid appliances!
Yes, I can imagine if it had made it to my wood floors! And I can imagine it having ruined my kitchen floor, and causing a mess in the basement, .... And yes, Angela, now that you mention it I am sure that the appliances are in league with the deer.
Grandma, Steph is now the receptionist/payroll clerk (I think) for a physical therapy clinic right near her apartment in Ogden. I too was hoping she would post about it, but maybe she is waiting until after she actually starts.
Terrific news about Stephanie. I can't imagine working under the circumstances she has been. I'm surprised that guy has any employees.
I had a supply valve pop off under my main floor bathroom sink last year due to too high water pressure. Unfortunately it was a 300 plus dollar repair to fix whatever it is that adjusts your water pressure. The good news, is that it only leaked into my furnace room in the basement, and my water bill has significantly decreased since my water pressure is now under control.
My dishwasher leaks unless I tighten the door by pulling out the silverware drawer and sticking something in between it and the dishwasher to hold it closed (repair man tried for hours to adjust it, coudn't. I tried for hours to adjust it, couldn't) therefore, I don't run my dishwasher unless I'm home either.....but then I am ALWAYS home. :-)
I just had to mention that a guy I go to school with is obsessed with online gambling and was telling us today he has spent the last two days programming a pokerbot! I have no idea what this machine can do but I am scared!!!
One day we are going to wake up and realize that the machines now rule the world!
Post a Comment