After Mom left for the airport this afternoon I decided to go on a hike to help counteract all of the feasting and grazing that went on this weekend.
I was planning to go to Farmington Canyon, but I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going and before I knew it I was on Mountain Road headed to Baer Canyon.
Of course at this time of year the major colors are shades of grey and brown, but they are pretty in their own way.
8 comments:
Oh sure, take a hike after I leave. I miss all the fun!
The shades of grey and brown are beautiful. It is such a crisp and elegant beauty! You are quite adventurous, the only hiking we can do here, if there were mountains, would be in snow shoes! It rained last night so there are patches of grass, but don't you worry it is as of now snowing again. We can't catch a break.
I would love to have snow shoes. I think about buying them all the time but, as you well know, I am cheap!
Mother, if you want to do something like that while you are here just speak up.
The pictures brought back the good old days. We used to hike and camp up Baer canyon on a weekly basis. There is a cave just past the first bridge that we use to explore.
Every once in a while, I miss the mountains, but then I remember that other than mountain biking; I didn't ever really do anything in the mountains. I did enjoy looking at them though, but I think if you continue to take pictures; I will get my "fix" of them without needing to see them!
Of course I would like to go hiking. But when we would have had time? As it is I didn't see Jef, my dad, or my mother again all weekend!
Nate, I will try to continue to take pictures for you.
Mom, it's true that we did not have a lot of time to do anything else. That was one five-day whirlwind of activity. I definitely didn't get enough sleep either.
Wow, how ambitious! I loved the pictures and must honestly say, I am glad that you were there to take them and not I. I did get a little walking in however. Friday night Jef, Matt and I went downtown on the trax and took in the lights downtown, and on Sat. we took Alyssa with us to the Body World display, and stood in line, after line, to get in, and then went SLOWLY thru the whole thing. We have decided they need to make sessions with and without head phones! We had a great time while Jef was here. Sunday they did spend more time with Arlyn and Joyce. They left Sunday night and drove as far as Prim, Nv. Then on to home on Monday. They had a great time and was so glad to see ALL of you.
Nate...you make a damn good point. When were you in the mountains. Ha ha that is hilarious that statement made my day. I could just hear you saying it.
Post a Comment