Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

So here are my random, candid photos from Thanksgiving at the Murray's.

This is Steph trying to eat a chip in a seductive manner. I don't think she looks that seductive.
This was supposed to be a photo of Steph slapping Jef away from the chips. They were not cooperating with me.
Matt, Dan and Joann "conversating". Mom was telling us that someone at her work uses the term "conversating" quite often, so Matt looked up the definition on urbandictionary.com. The definition is:

conversate

A word used by backwards, ignorant, illiterate inner city trash who mean to say 'converse'.
"Yo, I just needs to conversate witcha!"
The present and future Thompson family.

Mom and Joyce "conversating".

Jef and Grandpa "conversating".
Grandma and Dick enjoying their feast.
Jo grooming Colton's hair.

I took a picture of Brent and Cindy but it was too dark. Here you can see Cindy and a portion of Brent's head between Jeremy and Karen.
Henry, Matt, and Jef responding to something that was apparently humorous to Henry and Matt, but not to Jef.

The Murray's are the fun grandparents who have purchased a small bounce house for their grandchildren. Mom and I were tempted, but it didn't look quite as heavy-duty as the stuff at Classic Skating.

Afterwards some people congregated at Jo's house for drinks and snacks.

This is a random picture of my dog in a sweater because Ava was thrilled about it.

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

A good time was had by all. The Murray's are excellent hosts and we certainly enjoy their beautiful family room. It was fun to have the Jenkin's family join us. It is interesting to have little boys running around! Something that has been in short supply in this family.

Anonymous said...

Well, I wish I would have been there to add to the "conversating" that went on! Everyone looked so dang cute and festive.

I knew you would not disappoint me and capture the whole day. At this point I am going to need you to round up the rest of your sister's birth certificates and keep them in your filing cabinet, as they are not responsible!!

The only thing that would have added to the day is you and mom trashing the bounce house. All I am saying is think about it for next year it might make excellent blog material!

Tick is looking extremely fetching in that sweater!

Jen said...

YEA! I knew that I was the responsible one in the family! Listen up, girls, I want your birth certificates at my house within a week.

Denise said...

Jen...I would love to get my birth certificate to you, but as it is I don't know where it is ha ha! I am serious. I really am not responsible and I have NO clue where it is.

Denise said...

P.S. did I miss a wedding announcement? The future Thompson family? Are we just assuming or is that official?

Sheryl said...

I've been told that Steph and Brian are planning to get married at some point, but there has been no official announcement.

Jen said...

P.S. The previous comment was from me, but I was signed in as Mom.

Grandmajoann said...

Good pictures Jen. I am just thrilled with these blogs. I read them everyday and seem to feel closer to everyone all the time. It was a great idea, whoever came up with the idea was pretty darn smart.
Love ya all!