I saw this truck in the parking lot at Wal-Mart today. Junk/Furniture Moving and Entertainment! What kind of entertainment do junk/furniture movers provide? I have a few ideas......
I've been walking Shady out in West Farmington quite a bit. There is a nice dirt road that runs from Glover Lane in Farmington to Parrish Lane in Centerville. It provides access to the fields, and I almost never see anyone else out there. Today I noticed that someone had dumped a fax machine and a copier next to the road. Seriously, someone could load that thing up into their vehicle and drive it out to a remote dirt road to dump it, but they couldn't pay $5 to actually take it to the dump? Both machines were small enough that they would have fit into a regular garbage can. People really amaze me sometimes, and not in a good way.
There was a little dead shrew on the road this morning. I am not much of a rodent person, but I have never seen a shrew before, and I thought it was actually quite cute. It was only about the size of a quarter.In other news, Shady acquired an electric bark control collar today. So far the barking seems to be less, but it has not been eliminated. I'm not sure that I am thrilled with it, but I figure I should give it a couple of weeks. The collar has to be really tight in order to work, and I don't like that. Probably just because I don't like to have anything constrictive on my neck. Her fur is short but it is quite thick, so I may need to shave a spot on her neck in order for it to work effectively. I am also considering an electric training collar.
Mom sent me the Dog Whisperer book and I am about half way through it. I am trying to project calm authoritative energy around my dog, but she doesn't seem too impressed.
I was cleaning my bedroom the other day and I noticed a shirt wadded up in the corner behind my recliner. I occasionally leave clothes on my bedroom floor, but that was in an odd place and I knew I didn't put it there. When I picked it up I found a rawhide bone hidden under the shirt, and Shady raced over and grabbed it. I thought it was funny that she would take one of my shirts into the corner to hide her toy.
13 comments:
I am frightened as to what kind of entertainment the junk/furniture movers might provide. It seems like an odd mixture. I'm sure they are originally from the south.
The fax and copier dumping seems sinister to me. I bet they were stolen from somewhere. They may contain exotic information that could be useful. Maybe you should go back with rubber gloves and check them out.
I hope the bark collar works even if it is just a little bit. Keep up the calm assertivness. It eventually works.
I have never seen a shrew before either! I actually thought they were made-up. Anyway, that is crazy that those things are only as big as a quarter! That kinda freaks me out for some reason... ewww.
I think the owner of the truck had a great idea. Times are tough; he/she drives a big truck that guzzles gas, so you put a sign on the truck basically saying you will do ANYTHING to make some money. Hauling junk as entertainment might be the next BIG idea.
That road in West Farmington was our stomping ground as teenagers. There is a ditch/stream about half way down the road that has 20-30 lb Carp (trash fish) in it. We used to try and catch them with poles or shoot them with our guns. My point is, watch out for the CRAZY teenagers out on that road!!
As I was reading your story about Shady, I had just given Bella a pig ear. She went in the other room and came out empty mouthed. I knew she hadn't had time to eat it, so I walked in there and she had hid it in Ang's closet behind some towels. I guess she's saving it for later and hiding it from TWITTER (baby's new name)!
Good luck with the dog and thank you for giving us some ramblings!
We have used a bark collar and training collar on one of our dogs. It seemed to work I think. I am sure it will work on Shady too. I don't know if you know this yet about the collars but from our own experiance you shouldn't leave them on for long at all...dogs will shed on there neck and get very bad sores. Thats what happened to our dog. won't ever do that again!
I just happened to be flipping the stations one night and relized I had the channel the dog whisperer was on. So I watched it for a little while....they just happened to be training a pittbull and thats what our puppy is. It was a very interesting show. I really should get the book too!
Good Luck with Shady! Let us know how it goes!
Nicole, if you look for the book, it's called Cesar's way. I bought it on lakesidecollection.com and it was only 5 bucks. Way cheaper than I had seen it anywhere else.
I love your ramblings! The sick thing is I have imagined the junk man doing plenty of risque and strange entertainment... sick and wrong!
The dogs are such a challenge... I can't wait until Bella is about 5 yrs or older, looking forward to some mellow times. Baby is such a princess to me I adore that she just hangs out in a bed all day. Bella is so rowdy when she is awake. But I do love that we have a dog now that you can approach and just nuzzle your face in. I love her big furry face. I do love a dog that "hides" things in random places, they are so funny.
And, by the way, you are morbid with your dead animals!!!!
Ang, it is my goal to post as many pictures of dead animals as possibe.
I totally agree that I would like to skip ahead at least 3 or 4 years and hopefully have a mellow dog. When I really stop to think about it, Shady isn't any worse than Tick was at this age, but I guess I'm too old and too tired to deal with it any more!
Mother....I am dating someone that lives in the south and he says they don't move junk they just let it pile up.
JoLyn and I may start that moving/entertainment thing.....
I also hate those collars because they have to be so tight. It worries me.
It's true, southerners do just let the junk pile up. Then they sit out on the porch and shoot at it.
I have always wanted to live in the south. ;-}
You have to love the South! I heard a report a couple of weeks ago that they have outlawed porch furniture in Pittsburgh. You know they wouldn't do that in the South.
Pittsburgh is a dive. They have no class. Who do they think they are anyway? Outlawing porch furniture. I wonder if they can still use a toilet for a planter?
I have never even heard of a Shrew. I guess you do learn something new every day!
Our cute Ed was always burying his bones in my bathroom under the towels. It made me laugh evey time I found them.
Post a Comment