I tried to talk her into releasing Shady from quarantine one day early, but had no luck. "That's just our policy" was her only reply. Oh, and by the way, I looked up rabies on the internet, and the average incubation period before symptoms appear is three to eight weeks! In rare cases it may be as short as two weeks or as long as six months. So again, what the $%#$% is an 11 day quarantine period supposed to do?
Does this look like a dog who is enjoying her quarantine? No! It does not. Things got so bad today that we risked going out for a walk 1 hour before dark. Luckily we did not encounter either of the Animal Control officers who know that she is supposed to be quarantined. Keep your fingers crossed that my luck holds for another 5 days.
5 comments:
I can totally feel for you right now. I can't even imagine having to keep Bella inside all day. The weather has been good here, so I have been leaving her outside for most of the day. I play fetch with her for probably an hour or more a day just to tire her out, so she doesn't destroy the house or baby.
5 more days seems like an eternity. Good luck on your night time walks, but with a name like "shady" I am pretty sure she will not get caught.
I'm telling you, it nothing to do with rabies. Somebody gave these people a uniform and a little notebook and they make it up as they go along. It is nothing but a power trip.
I am feeling your pain. I cannot imagine keeping her cooped up for even 1 more day.
What would animal control be without the threat of quarantine due to RABIES... be scared, be scared!!
Hmmm... all I can say is good luck.
Oh my goodness, you are still quarantined? What a long time. I have had a cold and been sick for a whole week, and I feel picked on, and look how long this has been for you. I am so sorry.
Post a Comment