Monday, May 4, 2009

Frustration

I went walking with Shady over at Denise's barn today and got my shoes all muddy. When I came home I threw them in the washing machine, and a couple of hourse later I realized that the washing machine was beeping at me. It is one of these stupid front-loading Maytag Neptunes, and the code on the display said that it was not able to drain or spin. Because there is water in the washer, the door was locked and I was unable to get it open. Since those are my only pair of athletic shoes, and since I have to walk my coonhound every day, I pried the door open to get my shoes out and I broke the door. I have home insurance that covers appliances, but of course the 24 hour telephone service center is closed for upgrades. Any bets on how long it takes them to send someone out to look at the stupid thing? Any guesses on how much it is going to cost me to fix the door? Since I broke that on purpose I'm sure it isn't covered!

10 comments:

Denise said...

Shut up......I swear this could only happen to you LOL. And I sympathize because my washer has been broken and won't drain for like 3 weeks. If you redo the cycle about 50 times it works.... Sean tried to fix it and can't.

Anonymous said...

All in the name of the coonhound!! Curses!! Are these the shoes you just got at Stryder's? I will be hoping that they get out there quickly and it is all covered or for you, almost free!

Sheryl said...

That SUCKS! You washer doesn't have a little button that cancels what is going on?

I will cross my fingers that it is covered.

On another note, were you able to let Shady off leash out there?

PS, my word verification for this comment was butchalu. I will be calling Butchie this from now on

Jen said...

Ha! I still haven't heard back from the stupit warranty company. My guess is that no one will come out until sometime next week.

I do have a cancel button, but the washer is broken and won't drain, so I can't cancel it and the door won't open while there is water inside. I hate the front loading washers!

And no, Shady is not yet an off-leash dog.

Tilley/Booth said...

I swear something like this could only happen to one of us girls! I really wish we had a picture of you prying the door open! HA HA! I would have just went and bought new shoes.

Sheryl said...

JOLYN! Do you want to do Denise and Jen's wash? She should have gone out and bought a new washer! For crying out loud, do I have to solve every problem here?

Jen, your washer wasn't broken before you pried the door open. The cancel button should have stopped the cycle and released the door.

~Cynthia~ said...

I've been wondering if I ever need a new washer if I want a front-loading one. I think you just answered that question for me.

Sorry for your catastrophe, and I will be hoping it doesn't cost you too much of your hard earned dollars.

Matt-n-Jef said...

I have the same Neptune Washer/Dryer. I hate it when it locks.. how the heck do you get it open/!! Haven't had those problems though. Funny thing is. I bought them, had to file bankruptcy (Thanks to trying to being a Realtor and making no money) and only paid bout $400 for them in the end. Quite the deal..

Jen said...

Mother, if it had been as simple as pressing cancel do you think I would have broken the door? I pressed cancel, I banged on cancel, I tried to start a new cycle, I tried unplugging it and restarting it, I tried flipping the breaker, I tried beating it really hard with my fists, and just about anything else you can think of.

P.S. After three days of trying to get through to my home warranty service, guess which appliance (the only one) is not covered!

Sheryl said...

ARG...of course it would be the washer. How much is it going to cost you?