Friday, June 5, 2009

Hooray for Summer

School is out for the summer and I can't tell you how happy I am about that! I am ready for some serious play time and some serious BEACH time.

The coonhound has had three OFF-LEASH hikes this week and she has done really well. She has chased a few quail and lizards, but she has come back immediately when I hit the button. So far I have only let her off leash at times and places where I've been pretty sure that we wouldn't run into too many other people, but if she continues to do well we will see how she does with some distractions.

6 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

So, are you in Phoenix? I thought your mom said you were coming down there on Wednesday.
Have a very fun time in Coszumel....

Nate said...

I am certainly jealous of you guys going to Mexico. Take a lot of pictures so we can live the moment with you.

I really think Bella would be good off leash, but I just don't dare try. It sounds like Shady is really doing well with the training. Keep us up to date on her progress.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the part in the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where the girl says.... I don't want any squirrel I want a trained squirrel! And now Shady is a trained squirrel!! It sounds like you have definitely gotten your money's worth with this training.

I am so glad you are out for the summer. Like Nate said, take tons of pictures in Mexico and have fun!

Sheryl said...

That is so awesome that she has gone off leash. Three months ago you were thinking about trading her in. She has come a long way. Good girl, Shady!

I wish all of you were coming to Mexico. I feel guilty going while you all are not. POWERBALL! POWERBALL!

thebeaver said...

I knew Shady was going to be awesome and just as long as no Beavers are killed in the making of this dogs life, it's all good.

On another note I'm so happy that those that are going to Mexico are going to Mexico.

Denise said...

That is so fun Jen! I am so glad that she is doing so great. It makes it so nice when they don't have to be on a leash all the time. Let me know if I can do anything to help you while you are gone.