Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall Colors

I took my camera on my hike this evening so I could capture some of the great fall colors out there. It's amazing how much they have changed just in the last week. Nothing exciting to report. I did try to take a picture of Shady carrying a 3 foot branch in her mouth but she was always moving so fast that I couldn't get a photo to turn out. She carried that branch for about 10 minutes and she was clearly thrilled with herself.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bright pinkish reds, so pretty! The tree closest to our house just started turning this past week and has some nice dark reds and oranges... I am still not thrilled about it getting colder though! I am terrified for our winter to come to start.

Anonymous said...

....to come to start, what the Hell am I talking about! Whatever I'm an idiot!!

Nate said...

I think you guys in Utah may be farther into Fall than we are. I've always dreaded Fall because of Brine Shrimping, and now I dread it because I live in the North Pole and the first snow will fall soon.

What are you going to do with Shady in the Winter? That dog does not know what she is in for and neither does Bella. Bella has a little more fur, so I think she can continue to fetch, but it's not going to be fun.

Sheryl said...

I want some fall colors! The best we get is when the leaves on our stupid cottonwoods turn brown and fall off, which is basically all year long because they don't get nearly enough water.

Jen said...

Ha, ha! Mom, that sounds like some kind of white trash autumn.

Ang, it's good to know that even the very well educated sometimes have brain cramps and can't get the words to come out right.

Nate, that is what snow shoes are for. I am hoping that our workout schedule stays pretty much the same throughout the winter. If I were you and Ang I too would be dreading the winter to come. Hopefully this one is milder than the last.