Sunday, January 31, 2010
I Guess I Need A Fanny Pack
So yesterday around 4:30 I decided that I'd better take my hound for a hike before the sun went down. I usually go to the Fernwood Trail in Layton, but I knew that I would be pushing 6:00 to go to our regular turn around spot and get back to my car, so I decided to go to the trail head by the animal shelter here in Kaysville. I let the hound out and we went on our way. It took us about 20 minutes to reach the stream and then we turned back. It was about 5:30 when we returned to the car and the sun was just setting. I reached into my pocket for my keys and came up empty. I searched all of my pockets and could not find the keys. I had not locked my car, so I got in and searched all around for my missing keys but I had no luck. I did however, have my phone, so I called JoLyn for help. She agreed to drive over to my house, pick up my other set of keys, and meet me at the trail head. Since I knew it would take her about a half hour to get to me I decided to retrace my steps. I didn't have time to go all the way to the stream but I figured searching would be better than just standing in the parking lot waiting for Jo. I walked for about 15 minutes searching the trail with no success before I turned back. As I approached the parking lot for the second time it was almost completely dark. Just as the trail was about to end at the parking lot I spied my keys. They were frozen to a pile of dog crap, but I really didn't care. I was just happy to have found them. Since I have now lost my phone and my keys in less than two weeks, I am thinking that I may need to start wearing a fanny pack. They are not the greatest fashion accessory, but apparently my pockets just aren't good enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jolyn and I will find you a real cute one LOL.
What about taking the man bag! I am disowning you if I find out you are wearing a fanny pack, there must be another alternative!!!
I hope you find a solution, but thank goodness JoLyn is such a willing and available hero!
I have to agree with Angela, I NEVER want to see you with a fanny pack on. This time of year, shouldn't you be wearing a coat with pockets anyways?
On another note, I sure miss that trail, I used to mountain bike it all the time.
How about your pants pocet? Those are usually pretty deep.
I will not disown you if you wear the fanny pack,but I might not go with you. LOL
Seriously, you need one gal.
Both losses occurred when I was wearing jackets with very deep pockets.
Post a Comment