Friday, July 2, 2010

Happenings

Summer is plugging right along, and I feel like I'm just as busy now as I am when I'm at work.  Between my morning hikes, yard work, house work, geneology, and Thursday's with Ava at Cherry Hill I don't end up having a lot of down time.  At least I get to sleep in most days, and that is fabulous.

I got a letter from the County this morning informing me that I have been selected for jury duty next Friday.  If I end up having to sit through a trial I hope that the defendant is as colorful as mom's "Silky Smooth".

One great find this summer has been the Ogden dog park.  I met a lady a few weeks ago who told me about it, and I have since been up there a couple of times each week.  Most of the people seem to be there on a regular basis and I am getting to know the other dogs.  Sometimes the other owners are chatty, and other times we just sit and watch the dogs play.  Shady is just as interested in the other people as she is in the dogs, and she makes sure to go around and let everyone have the opportunity to pet her.  I just wish we had a dog park a little closer to home.
I found this little guy on the trail the other day.  Luckily for him, Shady didn't notice him as she ran by, or he wouldn't still be alive.  When I came upon him he was just sitting there on the trail and he didn't seem to be the least bit concerned about me.  When I paused to get my camera out he did meander under this dandelion, but when I lifted up the leaf he just sat there and looked at me.  He was so tiny, about the size of the top of my pinky finger.
Here is a random photo that I like to call "Coonhound Among Wildflowers".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wonder when I get time off how I can fit one more thing in and how I was even managing to survive before I had time off. I would like just one week were I literally don't get off the couch, maybe it isn't as great as it sounds! The dog park sounds like it has turned out to be quite a hit.

Jen said...

I think one week on the couch sounds like heaven. That's why I need a beach vacation once each year, one week where I don't have to get off the lounge chair and there are no chores waiting for me.

Sheryl said...

I need the beach vacation once a month. The couch really isn't all that. Since it hit the 110 and above I do it more than I would like. Kind of boring actually. I wish I could trade you up for about half and half.

Jessica said...

I agree about being busier when you are not working, although I seem to be a bit more organized when I work. I love the coonhound in wildflowers pic.