I haven't posted anything for weeks, but that's because there hasn't been anything happening in my life. I get up, go to work, hike with my hound, fix and clean up dinner, then I have about 2 hours until it's time for bed. Not a very exciting life to say the least.
I've still been wanting to lose a few pounds, so I decided to try Atkins. It's been a week and a half and I've lost 3 pounds, but I've been stuck for several days now. I figure I'll stick with it for another week and see how things are going, then reassess.
I've also been wanting to make a garden in my yard, but I haven't been sure how to go about it. The main stumbling block for me has been the expense of a rototiller. I just can't justify it for the small garden that I would want. I was at Big Lots last weekend and they had Topsy Turvy planters for $4 each. I bought 7 of them and I am going to do a hanging garden with tomatoes, zucchini, hot peppers, strawberries and pole beans. Then I decided I will just plant lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower in my flower bed. I think my hanging garden will be cool, but you can judge for yourselves when I get it constructed and post the pictures.
4 comments:
Damn girl you can hold your breath for a long time... glad you are still breathing!! I know, I have been totally slacking on the blog too. I have had 2 horrific months of exams to study for and just been to stressed out to put anything together on a regular basis.
Can't wait to see your hanging garden! I've been kind of depressed that the snow is melting here thinking of how trashy my yard is and that we probably won't get much done with it this summer :( there really just is never enough time or money is there?
Amen to never enough time or money! I need at least 2 more hours in every day and double the paycheck.
I wanat to do some of those topsy turvey things, but I don't have any where to hang them. I had an idea while I was walking the dogs though. If I can make it happen I will share the idea
I don't have anywhere to hang things either, which is why I will be building my hanging garden.
Post a Comment