Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break 2011 - PARTY!

Or not.  It really wasn't much of a party
On Saturday I did yard work - mowing the lawn for the first time this season and weeding the flower beds. 

On Monday I borrowed Jo's truck and went to the dump for some compost.  I didn't think that I could use a whole pickup truck full of compost, and I was worried about what to do with the leftovers.  As it turned out, I went back to the dump for a second load and I could really use a little more.

Tuesday was a rainy day, so it was devoted to housework.  I scrubbed all of my floors on my hands and knees, which only happens about once a year.  Tuesday night I went out to dinner with Julee, and upon parking I noticed that my front driver's side tire was completely bald on the inside.

Wednesday was devoted to getting new front tires and a front end alignment on my car, and fertilizing the lawn.  Later that evening Shady and I explored a new trail up above the shooting range.

Can you find the coonhound in this picture?  She is well camouflaged.
This is what I woke up to on Thursday morning.  I was NOT happy about having to take a hike in this.  I managed to do it all winter long and I didn't mind it, but I really can't take it anymore!  That afternoon I took my taxes into an accountant. I get a $23 refund this year - woohoo! That evening I joined the Thompson's at Cracker Barrel for Ashlyn's birthday dinner.


Friday morning after once again hiking through the snow, I ran some errands then I picked-up Ava from day care and we went to see Hop.  I am not a fan of mixing live action with animation, so I found it to be kind of creepy.  Ava seemed to enjoy it.

It is now Saturday and it is still snowing steadily for the third day in a row.  What happened to spring?!  I've spent the whole day doing geneology, and now I'm at the end of my spring break.  It's back to school again on Monday, and in case you are wondering there are 39 days of school left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seemed like more work than rest my friend! Jealous that you got so much done in the yard, we are finally getting some warm days just this week. It is so mucky and rainy still more days than not here.

I could not find the coonhound in the picture... she is, in fact, camouflaged!

Jen said...

Don't be too jealous. There was about 8 to 10 inches of snow on the Bonneville Shoreline trail this morning. Spring just teases us for a few days before winter returns with a sucker punch. I was complaining to a fellow hiker this morning and she reminded me that active snakes and snow cannot exist in the same place at the same time, so I guess I should be grateful for that.

~Cynthia~ said...

That makes me tired just reading your list of tasks and activities.

Sheryl said...

You did get a lot of work done on Spring break! That is a lot of compost, my friend.

I did find the coonhound, but she is definitely camoflaged well. It took me a while. I cannot deal with all the snow you are putting up with right now. I think I will just shut up and sweat it out.

Steph Thompson said...

Perhaps you shoild put a red hat on her so it's more like Where's Wlado...? Breaks are never really breaks unfortunately, and thanks for squeezing us into your schedule! Someone find the stupid ground hog and kill it, no more winter!

Jen said...

She doesn't want to wear a hat, but she does have a red collar.