Thursday, July 24, 2008

Living Room


I have finished painting my living room, entry, and hall. It only took me 12 full hours yesterday to prime and put on two coats of paint. I was a little nervous about the color last night, but I'm feeling better about it today. Even if I hadn't liked the color it is too late to go back now. I don't want to do this again! It is definitely not a neutral, so it's a good thing that I don't plan to sell any time soon. You can refer to my ceiling fan posting if you want to see what the room looked like before.


The window guys were scheduled to come on Friday, but they called me at 2:00 and said that they were going to send a couple of guys over to get started on it. I was not thrilled about that since I was in the middle of priming, but I told them to come on over. They installed the two side windows in my front room and then they told me that they had some sort of "emergency" and they would be back on Friday. What constitutes a glass emergency? I think they just wanted to take off early.


I primed my guest room this morning and I will paint it this afternoon. I should have pictures to post tomorrow.
On a completely different subject, some of you know how hard I worked last year to try to get Jackie into kindergarten. Her mother e-mailed me yesterday and told me that although she did test far below average and the school did accept her for full day kindergarten, it's just not going to work for them to take her there, so I will have Jackie for another year. It makes me want to cry!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the bigger news is, your new room or Jackie, I am so sorry. That poor girl, what idiot parents.

I am thrilled about your living room, what a difference a color makes, it looks so crisp and airy. I love it. Pretty soon you can just sit back and enjoy the resort!

Sheryl said...

Well, I think it turned out beautifully. I can't wait to see the color live and in person. I know if feels good to have it over with.

Even though the house is coming along, it must feel a little like "one step forward and two steps back" with that Jackie news. I'm sorry about that. That totally sucks.

Jen said...

I am planning to enjoy the resort! I just finished painting my guest room and I love the color so much I might just hang out in there. I will post pix when the paint is dry and the furniture is moved back into place.

Steph Thompson said...

I want to comment on the room, but the only thought that keeps screaming through my mind is "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Well i guess we don't care that our kid is "below average" that's a nice way of labeling Jackie, we will continue to put her at a disadvantage! I am sorry about that, hopefully they don't add insult to injury by getting pregnant this year! Well at least Riley is gone!

Matt-n-Jef said...

Nice job Jen. I love the color. Thats close to the color I used to have in the Living Room... Your are a painting queen!!!

Denise said...

Eh ha! That was meant to sound like Martin on the Simpson's. Ha ha...about Jackie I mean.

The paint looks cool and I am pissed that you did not come join us for a gourmet meal at Sizzler :)

Tilley/Booth said...

A.. I am pissed off at the sizzler comment
2.. I love the color. Nice work! (I HATE PAINTING)
I don't even know what to say about this Jackie situation...she will be the death of you!

Nate said...

Jen...I think the color choice is awesome. It looks like you also did the two-tone paint. I wish I could see the wood floors in the picture, because I love seeing the contrast between the walls, baseboards, and wood floors. Great Job...we just bought six new doors that we have to paint, router and hang...SCARY!!!