Saturday, August 30, 2008

Roof Redo Complete

My roof redo is essentially complete. Aaron still needs to get a piece of brown metal to put around the base of the chimney, but other than that it is all done.


Above is a picture of the house with the old roof, and below is the new roof. What you can't see on the top picture are the missing and curling shingles. Aaron says that the new roof shouldn't give me any trouble for 25 years, so I am going to hold him to that!

I also took the advice of Nate, Aaron and Jo and I bought a Black and Decker edger/trimmer combo. My old gas trimmer was heavy and it leaked fuel and it was a pain to start. The new one is light, electric, and a lot of fun to use. My only complaint is that so far the battery doesn't seem to last very long. I have gone through four batteries and I have only edged my driveway and the sidewalk from the north edge of my yard to the walk that goes to the doorway. Granted, I have a lot of area to edge and I haven't done it for at least 2 years. I have already recovered 6 to 8 inches of driveway that had been overgrown, and I haven't found the edge yet. I'm not sure that will be a good thing once I have to start shoveling snow, but it does look better. I also bought a leaf blower. With all of my sidewalk area and patio to sweep I don't know why I never thought of a leaf blower until Aaron was cleaning up the roof mess and asked if I had one. It makes cleaning so much easier!


4 comments:

Nate said...

It looks awesome Jen...for some reason it isn't letting me blow up the picture...if you have a chance, post another picture (small) so I can blow it up and get a closer look.

I know...I'm a complainer, but I just NEEEEEED to see it close up to see what we are missing out on!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great and how nice to have that swamp cooler off as well. What else could you possibly upgrade in your home at this point? Wait, don't answer that, just enjoy that fabulous resort!

Jessica said...

It looks nice, let me know how you like the trimmer/edger after you have had it fror a while. we are in need of a new one.

Sheryl said...

It looks awesome Jen. You really have upgraded the place this summer. Nice work Aaron. The roof is awesome!

Did your trimmer batteries come with instructions for charging? Sometimes they have weird instructions, like charge for 12 hours and then use them down then charge for 24 hours. Just a thought.