Monday, September 1, 2008

More Problems

Well, Mom said that trouble comes in threes and that I should be done for a while, but apparently she was wrong.

We got our great thunder storm last night and again this morning. I was loving the storm until about 10 p.m. until I noticed that there was a bubble about a foot in diameter forming on my kitchen ceiling. I called Aaron this morning and he came over and sealed the flashing around my furnace and oven exhaust vents. That was on the agenda for tomorrow when he comes over to finish the metal around the chimney, but apparently it couldn't wait that long.

I was going to paint my kitchen today but I figured that I might as well wait until Mike comes over to fix the hole in my ceiling, so maybe next Saturday.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't have any more problems!

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

Well, that blasted the theory all to heck, didn't it? I don't know who is responsible for the "trouble comes in threes" but we should spank them!

~Cynthia~ said...

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear of your water touble. I'm having some of my own. Alyssa went in the basement tonight to discover wet carpet. My main water turnoff doesn't turn all the way off anymore apparently, so it has been leaking since the workers were here Friday installing sinks in the bathroom. Luckily just a quick call to my contractor, who lives in my ward, and he got it turned off and pulled the carpet up and I put a heater there.

That was quite the storm we got Monday, not what you want to have happen if you have no flashing on your roof!!!

Anonymous said...

Is there such a thing as an easy home project? Even when you hire the dang thing out it doesn't always go along as planned!

Nate said...

Sorry about your troubles Jen...but the roof looks fantastic, especially with the swamp cooler gone. I guess there's no turning back now, but without the swamp cooler you won't be able to enjoy those fabulous soft, chewy potatoe chips and oreo cookies.

I agree with Aaron...the Black and Decker batteries seemed to run out fast at first, but I spent three hours outside with my chainsaw and didn't even get through one battery. I have 6 batteries so I just rotate them. I know the weed wacker/edger I got came with two batteries. If the battery is that bad, I would return it because I can easily do my whole yard with one battery.

Jen said...

That's good to know about the batteries, Nate. I have charged both of them three times and they still only last for about 15 minutes each.

I'm sorry to hear about your carpet, Cynthia. Water problems give me more anxiety than anything else, and I always hate to find a leak!

~Cynthia~ said...

I have three of those batteries you guys are talking about. I bought the set with the weedeater, blower, and hedge trimmer, and they are one of my favorite purchases. Two of my batteries last really well, but one seems to run out quickly so I think it must be a bad one. Jen, if you can still return them, I think I would give it a try. I should have done that with my one that is bad, but it took me a while to figure out that I had a bummer one.

Grandmajoann said...

Well, I might just as well add my fate to the stories. We to have a leak in our family room. We put down plastic, a bucket and by morning we had a half bucket full. Darn!

Sheryl said...

Good grief! You people need to learn to hold your water!