Although technically the first day of winter is still one day away, winter arrived in Utah with a bang this weekend.

Yesterday I recieved four inches of snow in my yard, I received an additional 7 inches over night for a total of 11 inches, and it is still snowing lightly. Since both of my next-door neighbors are elderly, and since no one had come to shovel their yards by the time I finished mine, I spent an hour and a half shoveling driveways and sidewalks this morning. I am ready for a break in the snow and a hot beverage.
9 comments:
Well, it is about dang time you guys started enjoying the winter weather!! Have I mentioned lately that I hate winter.
I would offer you a warm beverage but, alas, my husband is supposed to be in charge of any and all beverages! And I am 2,000 miles away so I guess you are on your own. Player 2 go it alone!
What the? doh! I don't want to come up for Christmas if you guys are going to go all winter on me. What kind of crap timing is this?
Where did the lovely hiking weather go? Waaa...
It is pretty though. And you are a sweetheart to do your neighbors. When I come up I will make you a nice warm beverage. You could wait forever for Nate to do it.
I want Nate to be in charge of my beverages too! Somehow I'm sure he could figure out a way to do it.
What a sweetheart you are. I hope your elderly neighbors appreciate you. Wish I had read this earlier, I would have brought you a hot beverage! And I enjoyed the snow storm. I drove to Duchesne today on dry roads!
I left the snow sitting in my driveway and while I was gone my home teachers came and cleared my driveway while at the same time Richard was here seeing if he could get my snowblower started(I inherited his dad's since no one in the family needed one). I have the best home teachers in the world. They clear my driveway 90% of the time, only missing if the dad is out of town. Since my driveay is more the size of a parking lot than a driveway, they are my heros.
I just got the snowblower at the end of winter last year so for the past 6 years I've had to shovel it when doing it myself.
Well I am very excited that you finally get to shovel some snow. I am already sick of it and winter hasn't even arrived. On the news last night they showed that we have already had 48 inches of snow this year and my back is feeling every one of them.
I will certainly be in charge of the warm drinks. I will try and figure out a way to fulfill my duty 2,000 miles away, but you may be waiting awhile or at least until your mother comes up and saves the day.
Nate, I didn't know you were here! Where have you been?
Why do I have to get my own beverage?. . .I can't complain, Aaron busted out Dad's snowblower and it was done in ten minutes.
Next time you decide to shovel others driveways, please call me! Colton has a lot of community service to do!
JoLyn...I hope you are ENJOYING MY snowblower. Ha ha.
Jen...If Nate is in charge of the beverage it could be spiked.
I hate winter.
Post a Comment