Saturday, January 31, 2009
1st Trip to PetsMart
Our first trip to PetsMart was an absolute disaster. First of all, what was I thinking when I decided to take a big, unruly puppy to PetsMart on a Saturday. Between trying to drag the cart and the dog through the crowded store I lost my hold on her twice and literally tackled her both times right in front of the doors. Imagine me soaring through the air and landing on my stomach with my hands wrapped around my dog's leg not once but twice. We did provide a lot of laughs for the cashiers and the ladies who were selling cats. I can't believe I actually caught her both times. She is now the proud owner of both a nice leather collar that is too tight to slip, AND a pinch collar that she will wear whenever we go outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh, you Shady lady. You really are aptly named.
I would have paid money to see that.
It has also occured to me that you didn't need a Greyhound to slim down with. I'm thinking a coonhound is going to work you to a slim death! LOL
That is to good! I wonder if we could get a copy of the video surveilance, hee hee.
Don't bother Shady when she is busy wreaking havoc at Petsmart, that animal has work to do!
That is too funny! Sorry it wasn't a successful trip for ya, but now that its over you can sit back and laugh at it. She is adorable by the way.
Although I think it's funny, I don't dare laugh because I have a feeling I could be in the same situation in the near future. We took Bellie to Petsmart last night for puppy school and she was so nervous riding in the car that when we got there, my pants were soaked from the drool.
She is so scared when walking on a leash that so far we don't have to worry about her racing off in Petsmart; she is too busy shaking.
Keep us up to date on your progress.
Poor Bellie! There has to be a happy medium between being too scared to move and being too hyper to stand still.
Shady had spent the morning destroying the stuffed frog I bought her yesterday, depositing contraband items on my bed (butter dish, unused aquarium decorations), and triumphantly racing around the house with a tissue in her mouth. This is all after our 2.5 mile morning walk. She is asleep right now, but I know that the minute I move a muscle she will be up and ready to go.
I am scared to go to work tomorrow. SCARED!
I'm sorry, but I am laughing so hard right now at all of you that my pants are wet, and there is no doggy drool involved! LOL
Well Sheryl, I guess being a "pretend" dog lover has its benefits. We are getting ready for the superbowl which pits our state against yours. It's the "working class" vs. "the snowbirds". I don't think running for warmth, the first time you see snow is going to win this game. Maybe if they were playing Bingo, you Arizonians would have a chance.
Wow....that is all I have to say. And how did the Barnez family end up with two scared animals?
Listen here Nate, you smack talker! Most of the snowbirds are here from YOUR state and are wandering around town wearing Steelers jerseys. Stupid old farts! Working people in AZ are all about the red birds.
GO CARDINALS!
And further more, I am not a pretend dog lover. I love all ya'alls dogs. And I love that they are yours. ;-}
I just want to report that I left her alone for 3.5 hours to go to church, and my house is in the same condition that is was when I left. Yeah!
Post a Comment