My next door neighbors are definitely moving, which makes this the best day of my life. They were loading bedroom furniture into a truck yesterday and I could see through their door that the living room was empty. Julie, the mother, and Lindsay, the teenage daughter, have been okay. They aren't particularly friendly, but they don't cause any trouble, either. Sixteen year old Hayden is a different matter. Ava got confused with his name and she calls him Cadance, which Stephanie and I enjoy, so we call him that as well. Cadance is a skater-punk hoodlum who is constantly vandalizing the neighborhood, screaming obscenities at his mother, and just generally hanging out on his driveway with his friends and doing stupid things.
One of my first encounters with Cadance's mischeif was when we returned from Mexico two or three years ago and found that various items had been thrown into my big pine tree in my front yard. Those items included a Styrofoam airplane, a Nerf football, several lengths of pipe, 2 brooms, three rakes, and a lawn chair. All of these were stuck in my tree. He and his friends have stolen several shopping carts and they get in and race down the road or down single guy's driveway. They like to golf around the neighborhood and there are constantly divots in my front yard as well as golf balls, rocks, and horse chestnuts that occasionally go flying across my front yard. My garage window was broken a few months ago and I'm pretty sure golfing was to blame. Another neighbor called the police about the golfing a couple of months ago and since then they have been using whiffle balls. I called the police about a year ago when I saw them blowing up cans of Tag body spray by setting them out in the street and dousing them with gasoline.
Needless to say I am not going to miss Cadance. I do wonder what they are going to do with the house as they have not yet put it up for sale or rent. Cross your fingers for me that good neighbors move in.
One of my first encounters with Cadance's mischeif was when we returned from Mexico two or three years ago and found that various items had been thrown into my big pine tree in my front yard. Those items included a Styrofoam airplane, a Nerf football, several lengths of pipe, 2 brooms, three rakes, and a lawn chair. All of these were stuck in my tree. He and his friends have stolen several shopping carts and they get in and race down the road or down single guy's driveway. They like to golf around the neighborhood and there are constantly divots in my front yard as well as golf balls, rocks, and horse chestnuts that occasionally go flying across my front yard. My garage window was broken a few months ago and I'm pretty sure golfing was to blame. Another neighbor called the police about the golfing a couple of months ago and since then they have been using whiffle balls. I called the police about a year ago when I saw them blowing up cans of Tag body spray by setting them out in the street and dousing them with gasoline.
Needless to say I am not going to miss Cadance. I do wonder what they are going to do with the house as they have not yet put it up for sale or rent. Cross your fingers for me that good neighbors move in.
11 comments:
Oh my hell ha ha! That is hilarious about the name Cadance. He sounds like a real treat. Nah...your luck the house will sit vacant and the lawn will overgrow and it will attract other teenager hoodlums. Ha ha!
Yeah, since there is no for sale or rent sign out I am afraid that it could be a forclosure and it might just sit empty for a while. It would be really sad if someone forclosed on that crappy little house.
Me and Colton are moving in! It will be just like good old times with Candace.
We have a foreclosure next to us Jen...and I don't want to rain on your parade, but Cadance might be the better option!! They have at least started mowing the lawn next door to us, but the house is in pretty bad shape and by the time they get something worked out on it; the only option may be to tear it down.
On the other hand maybe they sold it to a family member or friend and never had to list it. There are a lot of possibilies, and I'm sure even if it is a foreclosure; it would move really quick in that neighborhood and city!!
I am glad that Ava will no longer have to worry about Cadance, as we still talk about him very frequently at our house!
Hurray! Now if you could just get single guy out you would be set.
Jo and Colton, you are not invited!
Nate, no one ever mowed that lawn anyway. Well, okay, the mother occasionally mowed the front lawn, but the back lawn hasn't been mowed in years. They mowed it a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time, and I think that the only reason they mowed it was so that they would be able to find the stacks of boxes and furniture that they were piling out there. It is possible that they sold it to a family member. One of my neighbors was telling me that Cadance's mother bought it from her mother, but perhaps I misunderstood and they were renting. I agree that even if it is a forclosure it shouldn't sit empty long in Kaysville.
Ang, that was my thought, exactly!
Steph, hopefully Ava can stop worrying about "that rude boy Cadance".
YEA!!! Cadance IS moving, just like we suspected. I wonder if they would like to hire 2 Chicks and a Trailer to get it done more quickly!! You know how those girls love to party.
I can't imagine the scene if "Two chicks and a trailer" moved Cadance...total mayhem!
Screw all of you! Two Chicks and a Trailer are trained professionals!
Well, what I want to know is, are all the boxes out of the back yard! They were a real eyesore...I had no idea all that had happened with them and you!
Post a Comment