

I had most of my new windows installed on Friday. They ordered clear glass instead of obscured glass for the bathroom, and they forgot to order one window, so they will have to come back and install those later. The rest of the windows have now been replaced. My house had three different types of windows. There were vinyl windows in the front, aluminum windows on the south side, and single paned wooden windows in the back. Now all of the windows are energy efficient vinyl, and I am eager to see if that makes a difference in my heating and cooling bills. They certainly look much nicer, and I am thrilled to have windows that open in my kitchen. The old windows were painted shut. The bottom window is the new style.


Today's project was painting my den. Those of you who have spent time in my home will probably not notice much of a difference in this photo. I didn't take a before photo because the paint that I was using was basically the same color as the old paint. The only difference is that now there are not a bunch of holes, cracks, and chipped or peeling paint. I like the yellow and I was too cheap to want to replace the drapes so I decided to keep that color.
5 comments:
I can't believe what a difference the windows make. We have two different kinds of windows in our house as well. We have wood and vinyl and by far the vinyl are better.
If you get done with your projects at your house; we have several projects that need work here in Pennsylvania. Now that Ang is back in school, I am left on my own to do the projects, so I am trying to find a job as quick as possible!!
Wow, you certainly did not waste any time getting to that project. It looks awesome!
I wish Nate could see your windows in person. It is unbelievable the difference something so simple makes. Also Nate, we will expect you to be updating the blog as long as you are not working. You must take on ALL tasks that were previously handled by Ang.
Now, get to work!
I am getting to work, finding a JOB!! I will update the blog, but Angela is "slightly" controlling when it comes to the blog, so I am just waiting for her to hand over the reins!! Our internet was down all day yesterday, so I was having blog withdrawls!!
I love having everything uniform throughout the house, we have wood windows in our master bedroom and vinyl everywhere else...not going to change! Your house is really looking good, thanks for waiting until we left, you jerk!
I can't be blamed for waiting until you left to start my projects. It was purely a money issue and you left before we got the money.
Post a Comment