I have sucessfully installed my first ceiling fan! This is not an easy feat to do by yourself. I had to stack one of my chairs on top of the table and the box on top of the chair to rest the motor casing on while I connected the wires. There was a lot of cussing and sweating involved in getting the dang thing mounted to the ceiling, but it is done. Hopefully it won't come crashing down on me! I will spend the rest of the day taping and prepping in order to paint the walls tomorrow.
5 comments:
Go girl you are in the home stretch!
Now that you are the expert, Lexi has a fan that wobbles, is it something that you can just tighten up somewhere?
Awesome! Where is the picture? Don't you know that pictures are required for any post about home improvement?
I agree with Sheryl...a picture says a thousand words.
I know you have done a lot more painting than we have, but we learned several valuable lessons through our weeks of painting that I thought I would pass on even if I am preaching to the choir.
1- Buy the expensive brushes they are worth every penny!!
2- When you buy the expensive brush, because the bristles are so soft and fine; you don't have to tape. We painted the baseboards, windows, and crown molding without taping them and the finished product was better than any of the places we had taped.
I'm sure you probably know all this but I wanted to pass on my limited knowledge to someone and since you don't have Craiger there harping on you; I thought I would. I hope it helps.
Thanks for the painting advice, Nate. I can always use advice.
The instructions did actually include advice for fixing a wobble. First I would make sure that the base is firmly attached to the ceiling. If that doesn't seem firm you can take it off and tighten the screws. My fan included a little rubber clip and a couple of tiny weights. I don't know if you can just buy these little kits at the hardware store or if you would have to figure something out on your own. You are supposed to take the clip and put it near the center of one of the fan blades. Turn the fan on and see if it helps the wobble. Turn the fan off and repeat the process with each fan blade. Make a note of which blade seemed to fix the wobble the most. Then take your clip and move it out toward the outside end of the blade and turn it on, then move the clip toward the inside end of the blade and turn it on again. Find the place where the clip seems to make the most difference. Once you have figured out where to put the weight you just stick it on the top side of the blade. You can put more than one weight on the blade if you need to. Hope this helps you.
I'm on it!
Post a Comment