Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Have A Shed


My shed arrived this morning and I spent 4 hours putting it together. I was a little nervous when I first read the instructions because they said that the assembly would require at least two people and most of a weekend. Apparently the instructions were written for those who engage in spastic construction. As a bonus, my shed also doubles as a sauna. I don't think that I have ever sweat as much as I did during the construction today. I wish that it were a little bigger but a:) I didn't want to spend more than I did on it and b:) I didn't really have room for anything bigger. At least it is big enough to hold my lawn mower and the scroll saw that Grandma gave to me. If any of you need to use a scroll saw you are welcome to come over to my house and use it. She gave me a bunch of paint as well, so if you are feeling crafty come on over.

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

Sweet! That looks awesome. You should never be afraid of a construction project again. Apparently you are faster than 2 men. Oh wait, women are generally faster than 2 men. What was I thinking?

Anonymous said...

The shed looks great. I would like to see you using the shed as a sauna and only wearing a hand towel back and forth from your house to the shed, Julio Aamodt style!

Jen said...

Ang, that is a fabulous idea! I hadn't even thought of that.

Sheryl said...

Then we can call you Julio Jr.

Tilley/Booth said...

Well I wasn't invited over for sauna time. what... you only own one hand towel? I can bring my own if that is what you are worried about!

Anonymous said...

I keep a wash cloth in my suit case. Can I use that next time I am up?

Anonymous said...

If you people have a sauna party without me I will be extremely angry. Party at Jen's shed!

Nate said...

The shed looks awesome Jen...does it have built-in shelves and organizers, because our shed is getting full of junk and I need an idea on how to best organize it?

Speaking of a sauna, it has been like 80% humidity the last couple days here!! I had to take three showers yesterday...needless to say, Ang is now washing all the hand towels because I've used them all!!

Sheryl said...

Well, Nate, don't expect Jen to furnish one. It's either bring your own or wrap up in one of those embarrassingly huge body towels!

Jen said...

Mom is right, Nate. Don't expect me to furnish hand towels for the lot of you. If you want to sauna in my shed you have an open invitation, but bring your own hand towels!

My shed did not come with any shelves or accessories, but you can purchase them separately. They didn't have any at the store so I need to order some on-line. You can get straight shelves, corner shelves, peg boards, and hooks that will hold shovels and rakes and such. If your shed was built from a kit my guess is that you can get shelving kits from the hardware store. At my Farmington house I had a wooden shed, so I just built some shelves myself.