Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is Great

One of my big pet peeves about Single Guy across the street is that he does absolutely nothing to take care of his house or yard. Last year me and several of my neighbors called the city when his "lawn" got to be about waist high, and at that point he finally started mowing it. One summer a group of girls rented the house next door to him, and they came over several times to mow his lawn and spray it for weeds. In the spring it is a field of thousands of dandelions, and in the fall his three horse chestnut trees make a spectacular mess on the sidewalk, which at some point the local boy scouts or young men's class usually comes and cleans up. The other morning while I was getting ready to leave for work I noticed my neighbor Barbara, who is in her mid to late 70's out there sweeping the sidewalk at Single Guy's house. It wouldn't be so bad if the guy were elderly or handicapped, but he is somewhere around my age and he appears to be perfectly healthy. He is apparently just so lazy that he lets his neighbors clean up his yard.


7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Single guy needs to be hung up by his toe nails and slapped until he is dizzy.

Rather than do the work for him, you all should call the city once a week and sic them on him until he gets a clue.

Anonymous said...

This guy is a piece of work. What the heck does he do. For all we know he is a professional gamer.

Steph Thompson said...

Let's not dis on the gaming! Poor Barbara, she put herself at risk for getting run over by "friend"!

Anonymous said...

I am not dissing the gamer, I am envious! I just wonder if he has taken it to the next level of creating an avatar!

Sheryl said...

Oh, you know if he is gaming he has an avatar. If we are not careful, Jen will be creating one as well. Then who knows....they might discover each other's avatar fall in love and live happily ever after in weird, web world

Jen said...

I am not creating and avatar and even if I did I resent the implication that my avatar might fall in love with Single Guy's avatar. Single Guy's avatar would be busy strangling people and hiding them in his virtual crawl space.

Single guy may in fact game, but I have discovered that he appears to spend most of his time on his back patio smoking and talking on his cell phone.

Denise said...

Oh my hell this is hilarious. What the crap is an avatar? I am NOT a gamer. But one of my kids that takes from me is and they have 'land parties' where they take their units to peoples houses and all play.....